Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TREND MIX

LEOPARD PRINT + RUFFLES

SUPPLIES

 STEP 1: Using a template, cut out several same-size circles. The circles can be as big or as small as you want, but keep in mind that the bigger the circles, the quicker you'll finish (learned this the hard way :)
STEP 2: Once you have your circles cut, you can start making your petals/ruffles. 
How-to: Fold a circle in half, then fold the half circle to make a quarter. Using a dab of glue at the fold, hold the petal together.

You can make all the petals at once, and get them ready to glue on your surface, or you can glue as you go. This way worked better for me.

STEP 3: Start gluing the pieces to your surface. Overlapping them slightly as you go


Keep going.......until.....

.....it's fully covered. I think it looks a little like a hedgehog, no? :)

Step 4: Punch a hole, add a rivet and put a chain strap, if your purse doesn't already have one


DIY LEOPARD RUFFLE PURSE.


I was waaaay too lazy to cover the other side, but here's what I learned doing this: 1) Use larger sized circles! It'll make it go a whole lot faster! 2) Don't space the petals too close together, again, so it all goes a little faster 3) Use lighter/less weighty fabric 4) Don't lay down the petals in the same way/direction. Alternate it, so you have a fuller effect at the end. All in all, a fun diy, if a little time consuming. I'll def be trying this again soon!


 Happy diy'ing!




6 comments:

  1. oh wow! SUPER creative. I'm just wondering if I have the patience! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great i will for sure try it :) txs for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is an amazing DIY!! i'm totally getting into leopard this season and this would be a addition to my wardrobe!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever, I love that little coin purse. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door!! that is SO creative, I love it!
    I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This amazing. i will love to learn some of this DIY skills. they are lots people this will benefit at http://amarachia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete